View Single Post
Old 11-22-2022, 04:39 AM

Here's my $0.02

What's good is that the timing is excellent, and the chords cleanly held and played.

Where there is room for improvement is that it sounds too mechanical atm, a very even dynamic.

Strumming open strings between the changes is quite normal (on the "and of 4"), but it seems to stand out in your playing, and I think's because you're not varying the dynamic enough elsewhere.
I agree with Howard, you're playing in a very accurate, complete and "polite" way, as if trying to pass a strumming exam! .
You've passed, by the way - - but you're not really feeling it yet - or at least it doesn't sound like you are. You need to relax more, swing that arm a little more, hit beats 2 and 4 a little stronger.

That's the essential difference between amateur and pro (or more experienced amateur). You need to play like you mean it.

IOW, you have successfully passed stage one. Got it all correct and in time! But playing a song the whole way through with no mistakes - learning and memorizing - is just the end of the first stage. Like an actor who has learned all his lines correctly, but (so far) is doing little more than just reciting them. The next stage (the last stage!) is to start performing it - making it your own, delivering a convincing rendition.