View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
Thanks...I'm curious where you set yours. Unfortunately I can't get a stereo image because I only use one powered speaker. I love everything about the Transit A but the Chorus just seems way over the top and unnatural.
How do you compare the AD10 with the Transit A?
I've stopped using any chorus on acoustic these days but when I did I found that chorus in mono is a completely different animal than stereo. In stereo there's always some part of the sound that retains the warmth and the sweeping pulls the focus but it always exists somewhere in the stereo field while in mono the sound is sometimes warm but often harsh (this may account for a perceived lift in volume) and the focus seems never to settle.

I began using chorus on a Strat (Boss pedal, ce1 I think) but I really fell in love with it when using my Tak ef360s with a Roland jc120 (signal split between amp and PA). That was obviously unsustainable so I went back to pedals (Boss stereo chorus) and others, Zoom, Yamaha AG Stomp, Alesis rack unit, but the mono/stereo issue I found with all of them. I finally got fed up with trying and failing to hit the nail consistently so went for "simple but effective" with a Tonedexter.

If you're keen on using chorus I'd suggest trying it in stereo somehow at a gig, preferably with a decent PA. If that works for you then good cheap 2ch DI boxes now exist that will cut the clutter to a minimum.