View Single Post
Old 06-15-2020, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1 View Post
Thanks...I'm curious where you set yours. Unfortunately I can't get a stereo image because I only use one powered speaker. I love everything about the Transit A but the Chorus just seems way over the top and unnatural.
How do you compare the AD10 with the Transit A?
I just get the stereo image at home with headphones. I could do it at a gig with a pair of Bose S1s, but I tend to opt for mono.

I just sat down the TA and my chorus knob is set about 10 o'clock. Mine doesn't get really wacky until after 3 o'clock.

The AD10 is more of a pure tone and a superior preamp in my opinion. Like most Trace Elliot acoustic amps, the Transit A puts the Trace sound stamp on the guitar, even without the pre-shape button pressed. It's not bad, but it's not pure. Definitly something you could easily love or hate. I like it enough for what I do, but if I were playing fingerpicking acoustic tunes one night, I'd opt for the AD10.

The AD10 also has a built in looper which is an advantage. I set the footswitches for boost, tap tempo, tuner/mute and two outboard switches for the looper. Unfortunately, that doesn't leave me a FS to turn chorus on and off and I have to bend over to do that. There are lots of other features in the AD10 that you may or not need, like two inputs, automatic feedback suppression etc... that are not on the Transit (which does have a single manual notch control). I'll be keeping my AD10 on my main board, but this Transit A will be really handy for other things and the new board with the Ditto X4 midi synced to a Beat Buddy drum pedal.