View Single Post
Old 08-23-2006, 02:17 PM

Hate to post back from myself, but here's what I'm thinking; leaning towards the carvins. My Godin has a wierd fingerboard curvature, kinda flat for an electric, so the all-adjustable poles would give me great string balance. Not sure what effect having 11 has, supposedly helps eliminate 'dead areas'.
Also, the (direct) prices are brilliant, too, and the Harmony Central reviews seem good too, at least for the products I'm looking at. Which are the AP11 (for the neck and middle) and the H22-T, middle I'm still thinking about. But I've learnt not to trust the reviews on HC, so what do you guys think?
I play fingerstyle, and rythmn, and will mostly be playing clean or on the point of breakup with the singles, and would use the humbucker from anything like lightly overdriven to Fuzz. No metal though. The guitar has a shortish scale, mahogany body, maple neck and rosewood fingerboard.
An reference point; I would like the singles to sound like "Hallelujah" by Jeff Buckley through an appropriate tube amp. Well defined individual notes, a smooth overall sound and tight bass are a must there. The Humbucker would hopefully be as versatile as possible, and I guess I might split the coil eventually for fun.

Thanks for your replies so far.

Last edited by Liam; 08-23-2006 at 04:49 PM.