View Single Post
Old 02-28-2016, 06:50 PM

Location: Carson City, Nv (Want a jackrabbit? We've got extras!)
Default Build Thread: Tahoe Guitar Co. 00-12 (Mahogany/Carpathian)

Here is a build thread for my latest from Larry Nair of Tahoe Guitar Co.. It will be a 00-12 in mahogany and Carpathian Spruce. I will keep the thread updated as pictures roll in.

Today we completed the material selection save the final back and sides. I posted a few pics of the materials. We're waiting for delivery of a set of Sinker Mahogany (first pic). If we reject it, we have picked an alternate set (second pic). I decided to go with herringbone top purfling rather than the flitch purfle shown. EDIT: I have decided to go with rosewood binding rather than the curly walnut shown.

Tahoe Guitar Co.
Model: S-12 (00-12)
Top: Carpathian Spruce
Back/Sides: Honduran Mahogany
Binding: Rosewood
Top Purfle: Herringbone
Neck: Curly Maple/Walnut/Curly Maple five-piece
Bracing: Adirondack Spruce
Rosette: African Blackwood
Bridge: Ebony Pyramid
Fingerboard: Macassar Ebony
Tuners: TBA
Paddle Head w/ Ebony Plate
Scale: 24.9"
Nut: 1 3/4"
Saddle: 2 1/4"

The sinker mahogany set. We shall see if it is a good as it looks.

The alternate mahogany set. More vanilla in appearance (though not wet with naptha), but a nice set.

Binding against mahogany.

Binding and blackwood rosette with the top.

The maple neck woods.

Fingerboard, head plate, the pearl logo, and the curly walnut for the tail wedge and heel cap.

I realize I didn't snap a full pic of the top. Here is the best I have. It is a light, stiff, nicely quartered, and ringy set of Carpathian Spruce.

In the night you hide from the madman
You're longing to be
But it all comes out on the inside
Eventually

Last edited by OddManOut; 03-11-2016 at 07:11 AM.