View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 02:18 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwayne View Post
Well there's many guitar players better than me, so should I feel embarrassed to post my video's ?? I don't think so. It's all in fun. There may be some young player out there that can draw something from my efforts. Everybody is at different levels, and you can always learn something. Exactly at what point can you draw the line of who should post and who should not ?? Should a line be drawn at all ?? And who should draw the line ?? Does everyone have to meet a certain good looks standard ?? What about the Susan Boyle's of the world, should they not be allowed to sing ??
djwayne, I don't know if you should feel embarrassed, no idea.

It never occurred to me that I should teach other musicians or make them feel good about themselves if they realize that they play better than me. I'm not a music teacher. It seems an instructional video is one thing and a performance video is something different.

Well I certainly don't judge an artist's music by their looks. If an artist is attractive or eye candy then that's just a bonus above and beyond the music.

And yes, music should be fun, but what you might find to be fun I might find it to be something else. Different strokes . . . . FWIW.
Martin 000-28EC