View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHP View Post
Well, few weeks ago I bought 2 new pairs of pants. Knew what I wanted, bought them, and I haven't thought about them or the ones I rejected since. I mean, who gets angst or suffers self-doubt over buying pants?
Well . . . I haven't been able to find the jeans I like for decades. I still want the old fashioned unwashed, dark blue, stiff as stove pipes jeans I grew up with. Now all I can buy are pre-conditioned (artificially aged) ones. It's like looking for a new guitar only to find out that the only guitars available anywhere are distressed "relic" models. Even the dark blue jeans seem half worn out before I buy them. They are soft and comfortable but whatever process they use to artificially soften them reduces their useful life.

Sooo . . . I have more choices in jeans than ever . . . except for the ones I like best. All the extra choices won't make me happier if the style I want is no longer available. I mean, it's not like I'm seriously stressing over it or anything. I'll get by just fine with whatever I can find in the store. I just miss being able to buy actual "brand new" blue jeans.

. . . . And . . . . I have come to the conclusion that the biggest influence on having GAS comes from participating in online guitar forums.

Last edited by Big*Al; 07-17-2018 at 02:50 PM.