View Single Post
Old 11-13-2014, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
Ok, here is a recording of the 2nd part of Deep River Blues. I practiced it for about 15 minutes (both parts) and actually got this recorded on the first try:

I'm now going to practice this song daily to get a good groove on it and record it for here and Show and Tell. Now I'm going to concentrate on Mississippi Blues and Toby Walker's Long Tall Mama and Hideaway arrangements. Long Tall is a couple of pages, but Hideaway is several and a pretty quick pace so we see how that goes. I can play the first two pages of Mississippi Blues pretty decent and now I am concentrating on the last few pages. I might post the first half soon here.
Barry:

If I post my own rendition of DRB, will you listen to it? I'll give it a clueless name on SoundCloud and then I'll remove it. I want you to hear how you can add the melody in with the fingerpicking and use it as a solo. I've been thinking that we (people here) should gather up the songs they want to learn, ask for anyone to do it if they can, and then we pass the links around and whoever wants to learn the piece do so. E.g. I want to learn the claw but the resources on the internet are slim. Jerry Reed does it on a video but it's hard to learn from because it's in bits and pieces. Another guy has 3 videos of it and I think there are mistakes in his. I'm a critical listener so I want to learn a Chet Atkins tune to be like Chet played it. Deep River Blues was done best by Doc Watson and I've tried to play it as a solo and to be as close to Doc's version as possible. Let me know if you'd like to hear a solo version of it and I'll do it. I'll wait for your response though.

David

Email signup for News: https://www.facebook.com/DavidLWhite...00265896690345

Taylor 818e Grand Orchestra Rosewood Back and Sides
Taylor 214ce-n Grand Auditorium Nylon
Guild DV-52 Dreadnought Steel String
Yamaha CG172SF Flamenco/Classical Nylon
Stratocaster Copy
Squier P-Bass