View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitars+gems View Post
Yes, that's the book I'm using and I'm playing x24432 and 3x0330. But I don't understand
Are you talking about the beats? There are less beats between the 2nd Bm and the 1st Gm6. That's the quick change that messes me up.
Bm over Now today I Gm6 over find Bm over you have changed your Gm6 over mind.
I'm not sure what you mean by "between the 2nd Bm and the 1st Gm6"--that is not possible, because it goes Bm(1st Bm), Gm6(1st Gm6), Bm(2nd), Gm6(2nd), so there cannot be a "between" like you said, but maybe I'm not understanding it properly.

The chord changes are all on beat one (for the whole verse, including the Bm / Gm6 changes), as I hear it, but the book of course only has chords over lyrics, so it does not confirm this.

What you are saying is correct: the Bm is over "Now today I", which is beats 1-2-3-4, then the Gm6 is over "Find...", which is beats 1-2-3-4, then the next Bm is over "You have changed your", which is beats 1-2-3-4, and then the next Gm6 is over "Mind...", which is beats 1-2-3-4.

So it's four bars, alternating Bm and Gm6, with the chord changes on the first beat of each bar.