View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 09:06 AM

If you made $40 thorugh RN, you did well (after expenses). If hta twas yoru total income - how much did it actually cost you to produce the album?
Bandcamp is a free place to host yoru music and sell digital copies - and unlike the other polaces, people can download uncompressed WAV, FLAC or AIC files. You set the price from $0 to whatever (or even allow the buyer to decide).
Amazon (thorugh its Createspace partner) will sell your CDs (no longer offering MP3 downloads, though) as CD-Rs (made to order), your only expense is the proof copy.
Kunaki offers CD-Rs very cheaply - less than $2 a copy including shipping when you buy some from them. Them also set up a page where people can purchase copies directly from them and you get payment. I ordered 25 copies of my 2nd CD form them, sold about 15 at $5 each and made my money back, plus enough for another 10 copies, and I've given about 10 away, and still have 10 to sell 9at least I didn't lose anything!)
CD Baby (also look at Tunecore's offering) charges a fee to put your music on iTunes and their site - an annual charge, I believe. Other places charge a 1-time fee for it.
Larry's comments about Pandora are great - but you have to get Pandora to accept your music. Spotify pay for playing your music, but you have to pay to get on their service, too.

My music: https://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

2020 Taylor 324ceBE
2017 Taylor 114ce-N
2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e
73(?) Epiphone 6830E 6 string

72 Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot Studio
Epiphone LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone

Kala baritone ukulele