View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 12:34 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfirob View Post
Great stuff, thanks for posting this. I was reminded while looking at these photographs how basically conservative I am about guitar construction, so to see (what to me are) non-traditional structural designs in a guitar body for a guitar that ends up looking so beautiful is a reminder not to be such a stick in the mud about these things. And of course I wonder how these guitars sound. Beautiful work.
Thanks! One thing I find fascinating about guitars, especially steel string, is that they are relatively young in their development as instruments. Unlike violins which have had hundreds of years to settle into a very standardized definition, there's no specified way to build a guitar. For me, this gives builders a lot of freedom to experiment and still build "guitars". Even what some people might think of as "new" developments (fan-fret, adjustable neck, etc.) have actually been around for quite a long time so there's a "tradition" of experimentation. And of course I think my guitars sound excellent but the only real way to find out is to get one into your hands! (or, for whatever recordings are worth, check out some of my videos... https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...vot9YajhvXdrEG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Beautiful work and your photos are very very nice as well. The grain in that last top with the French burst is amazing!
Thanks! One of these days I'll have to get myself a real camera but it's kind of unreal what phones can do these days!
instagram