View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 12:02 PM

This guitar is the #1 of the Benjamin Paldacci Guitars Workshop "Constellation Series", and she will go to the amazing shop Eddies Guitar.

Matthew Chulka and I, talked a lot about woods, and we wanted to have a pure Fingerstyle guitar, like I love to build. We hesitated beetween European and Engelmann spruce, and even if I LOVE Picea Abies, I have a couple of amazing Engelmann tops! So, I found the ONE I've had bought 5 years ago. The density is amazing, it sound like a bell, and the grain is amazing (tight # Steady).

The wood is pretty oxydized after 5 years in the stash so I need to clean it... Amazing material, one of the best top I've had in this species.

For this guitar, I'll go with a beautifull set of Wenge, which is in my top #3 of my favorite Hardwoods. This set comes from the same batch of the OM #8 I've built years ago, and I wanted to keep it for special occasion... well, I think we have one!

We have chosed Non-CITES Woods To avoid any complications during the export, but because there are many incredible Woods outside the Dalbergia family! I am working with alternative tonewoods for a while now, with success in terms of results tonally speaking... and to my customers. Matthew suggest this wood, and Claro Walnut. This is marvellous To see a high-end shop, who take the "alternative Woods bet"! Kudos To you, Matthew! 🙏

I will complete this OM for 2019 Sonore Festival at Montreal, with a mahogany OO-12. I have the design in my head, I think it will be stunning guitar!

"I strive to build my instruments with the finest Tone, Ergonomics & Aesthetics"

https://www.benjaminpaldacciguitars.com/