View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 01:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakybird View Post
I don't like the primitive interface. It's seven year old technology. I also don't like that every time you change batteries, the date and time gets messed up. They should have a watch battery in there.
hI Bb

I'm a Zoom guy. I've had the original H2 & H4, and now H1n, H2n, H4n. I've used them for years, because they are reliable, get great results, and are flexible for the video work I'm doing. I've even used them to replace studio gear when doing on-location non-critical recordings.

The H2n will serve you well as a basic mono or stereo recorder. And it has several pickup patterns (which is an upgrade from the H1n). I think I hear better recordings from the H2n over the H1n internal mics.

I've resisted the Zoom H5 or H6, and am seriously considering a Zoom F series field recorder.

Zoom has the F1, F4 and F8 field recorders…and soon will add the F6 which will have a mode of recording 'RAW' audio similar to shooting RAW digital format. The Zoom F series are stand alone mixer/recorders with analog style knobs and a very small form factor (and very high quality), and a ton of pro interface options.

Zoom are doing some serious innovating with non-commercial recordists in mind. I love that they keep pushing the envelope to make products better.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…