View Single Post
Old 10-13-2020, 06:47 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
Has anyone compared these speakers and decided on the CP12? I realize that it's a 10" vs 12" speaker but I have been considering unloading my K10. I currently have two K12's (originals) as mains and they sound nice and warm. I have been using a single K10 as a monitor and recently got the CP8, which has been an impressive little speaker. My issue with the K10 is that sometimes I find it to be a bit harsh compared to my K12's. It's not terrible but considering the CP12 is the same size and weight, it seems like a better speaker to have. Part of me hates unloading the K10 as it's in great condition and technically is a higher quality unit, but if the CP12 is tonally better then I might make the switch. Thoughts?
Hi Petty
I agree that the K10 is the black sheep of the QSC lineup (to my ears). It lacks the warmth of both the K8 and K12.

To my way of thinking when it comes to 'sounds better' or 'higher quality'…as an audience member I vote for 'sounds better'.

Our church bought a pair of K10s which hang on a wall unused to this day because they were drilling holes on the high end through anyone directly in their path.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…