View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 09:14 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbone View Post
Okay, so would it be safe to assume that generally you guys felt (at least you 2) you took no significant loss in tone to achieve the clearer benefits of carbon?

I guess that is the side of things I’m interested in. You guys are clearly carbon advocates, but maybe you are okay with lesser tone given the other tremendous attributes of the carbon (assuming their might be less tone) etc...and you feel it is a good balance...as an example...

I guess the ultimate problem is I have zero experience with them, and I’m still trying to find some to try.

In any case, appreciate your thoughts. The carbon thing is super foreign to me.

Cheers
Lets face it, carbon fiber guitars are a relatively recent innovation, and I've NEVER seen one hanging in a store. It was initially a leap pf faith for me, and it still is as I purchase and audition various brands, models and shapes. I understand that you want a guarantee that a carbon fiber guitar will be the right decision and offer you the tone that you desire/demand, but this belies the fact that buying any guitar can not and will not include a guarantee of likability. I'm really not sure why you think that any of us can offer that guarantee.

I'd guess that most of us came for the practical advantages of carbon fiber and stayed for the tone. However, your repeatedly equating carbon fiber guitars and "lesser tone" in a single post tells me that you've already made up your mind and no carbon fiber guitar's tone is going to measure up...
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm

Last edited by RP; 11-10-2019 at 09:30 AM.