View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 08:42 AM
Charter Member

As Kramster implied, you're in the wrong place if you want anything but encouragement to purchase a carbon fiber guitar. I've recently transitioned from owning seven Taylors to a smaller gaggle of carbon fiber guitars. Rainsong is currently undergoing a restructuring of their models, and 86ing IMO their most desirable model lines, the CH and H guitars. At current pricing, I believe that the Hybrids are the way to go, and more specifically, the H-DR1100N2. You'll find many who really don't like the N2 neck so that may be a contraindication for you. However, at the current price of $1599 (minus the current 15% discount at Musicians Friend) https://www.musiciansfriend.com/guit...coustic-guitar this is hard to beat in the carbon fiber world...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbone View Post
Assuming you read what I said, I guess my biggest dilemma is the potential for the sound not measuring up for the money...The versatility of Carbon aside...
Everybody perceives tone in a different way so nobody can really say for sure if the tone of a CF will measure up for you. I would say that most of us carbon fiber adherents - if not all - started out playing wooden guitars. Some of us own CF guitars exclusively now or a combination of wood and CF. I will say that you can order the previously mentioned H-DR1100N2 from Musicians Friend, try it out, and if it doesn't work for you then just return it, and you're only out the return shipping cost...
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm

Last edited by RP; 11-10-2019 at 08:50 AM.