View Single Post
Old 12-30-2019, 09:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
Thanks for the detailed report. I'll probably end up with one at some point but for now I'm going to learn how to dial in my AG Stomp.
Hi 'Y-Guy'…

Have you listened to this? It's a fairly detailed explanation of the AG Stomp's controls.

It's hard to find solid detailed reviews/instructional recordings for gear which is no longer made. The AG Stomp sounds like a solid preamp with effects, and even modeled mic settings. If you learn to control it, it could be all you want/need.

The ToneDexter is going in the opposite direction from the Stomp. If you are happy with the AG Stomp, then the ToneDexter would likely not be for you.

The Stomp is all about preamplification (to reduce piezo sound) and effects…with the added benefits of feedback control, tone adjustment etc.

The ToneDexter is all about making acoustic guitars sound more like themselves. It is great to finally hear my Olson sound like it did in studio when we were using high end mics to record with.

The volume level in the church auditorium we just played in (with over a hundred people singing along with us) would not be possible while using an AKG 414 or Peluso CEMC-6 mic. It would either be feedback-city or is-the-guitar-mic-actually-on time.

Being a pedal, a ToneDexter could certainly be fed to an effects unit (or added to an pedal/effects chain), but the primary goal seems to me is to make guitars sound more authentic/natural.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…