View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 11:27 AM

Default Halcyon Martin style 00 Black Walnut

SOLD *Im asking $1100 which is over $1000 less (see below) than if you were to buy it today and you wont have a 10-12 month wait. Shipping will be exact cost to you as I cannot predict that, I pay Paypal fees. Continental US only.
This Hally is a very comfortable Martin 00 size made from a tracing I sent to the builder. The tracing was done of an early Martin 00-14 by John Hall who frequents the Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum. It amazes me how much sound this guitar produces. Every time I take the guitar out of the case, 3 years now, I feel a sense of pleasure at its beauty.
The pics don’t look exactly like it does in person, maybe it’s the cell phone. Maybe its as good as cell phone pictures get. There is a clear satin finish over a striking set of black walnut and dark Lutz. I tried and tried to show it but the guitar is darker than the pics. Ed used maple for the purlfling and head stock inlay. Solid black ebony fretboard with bulls eye micro dots. Theres walnut binding, heelcap and headstock overlay, rosewood bridge and end pin. The guitar has no strap pin. It sports a 1 piece mahogany neck that Ed doesn’t do standard any more. The standard necks are now stacked. The beautiful spruce top is heavily silked. Though the label does not say torrified it may be since it looks like, sounds like and which Ed was using a lot of during the time period this guitar was made. Gotoh tuners, 25’ scale, 1 13/16” nut, 2 1/4” bridge pin spread, 2 1/4” fretboard at the body and a 16-21’ compound radius made with a Larrivee fixture he bought. Everything is hand made by Ed Bond. There are no prefab or CNC parts. His attention to detail is well known. The workmanship, sound, looks, playability wont disappoint you and its hard to find a hand-crafted guitar of this quality for the low price Im asking*.
It was not gigged. Ive played it at a friends house once and taken it to a coffee shop to show only, not play. The performer there was a friend and I was anxious to show it to him. Otherwise it has stayed at home. It has one tiny scratch on the treble side of the upper bout Ive pictured below. I see no other scratches or dings so Im going to say that it is in excellent used condition. I don’t know what your definitions are but to my eye it is very clean. The strings buzz a little which is because the TUSQ saddle Ed likes to use has become grooved and so the strings are lower than they were set up. As you see in the pic the neck set is fine and the neck joint is tight. The bridge is 11/32” tall with a 1/8" tall saddle.
I kept the guitar in the case at the 39–41% range. Since it was built at 40% this is perfect. It will come to you in the original case it came to me in and boxed. The reason Im selling this guitar is I have to pay for a guitar that I just received and with my retirement income I cant justify having 3 handbuilt guitars. I plan to sell a second guitar but that’s another ad.

ED'S CURRENT PRICE FOR A GUITAR LIKE THIS:
$1600, case not included
Ebony upgrade $80
Walnut upgrade $150
string spacing at bridge $40
1 13/16 nut $200
case $100
1 piece neck ?**
paypal fees about $65
-----------
$2235 ** total + shipping to where you are

[IMG][/IMG]