View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 06:20 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post
Steve, as you all know I looked in to doing a road trip, but I didn't get much interest, not from members here, not from clients who are not members, and no interest from all but one of the builders I deal with. Truth is, there is little financial interest in doing road trips. Dealers are not guaranteed a sale, even if someone likes, and can afford the guitar, and the builders are not guaranteed of a positive review.

So, now that we've eliminated the idea of road trips for profit, I have another idea, one that would be fair to all involved. How about we do a guitar sharing of sorts. I will send this x20 out on the road and share it with others who are also willing to do the same with their guitars. Steve, since you brought it up, I would love to try your double neck, and would gladly pay $50 to bang it around for a week. Capy Jim can send his woody on the road, and Mike can do the same with his Savoy.

What say you all?
Not for me, thanks. I am without my lovely X20 while we are currently traveling (the X7 is happily along for the ride)... and I darn sure won't be "sending it away" when we get home. Hey, I was on your side, Ted, when the suggestion of you doing a road trip with the X20 came up. Doesn't make good business sense for someone to promote a brand that isn't available to them.

Now I am waiting for someone to suggest that you drive the X20 around the country, with the convenience of the additional cup-holder. While we're pondering the absurd, maybe you and Alistair doing a Thelma and Louise kinda trip?

Maybe not.

I suggest that those considering an X20 do what you and I did: buy one.