View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 10:42 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pick guard View Post
I'm simply responding to the original post as to "Why do few major artists play Carbon Fiber". I don't have anything personal against it, simply calling it as I see it. Not attacking you or any others who enjoy playing those kinds of guitars.

The "real vs artificial" seems appropriate, like comparing Christmas trees.
And, the "calling it as I see it" goes on. Now, we're comparing guitars to Christmas trees? I was OK with you putting down guitar options, but you've gone too far when you diss my Christmas tree!!!

I prefer to think of my Christmas tree as "composite", complete with fiber optic lighting! It is the modern option, better than the old wood ones we used to bring in the house. Besides the fact that my composite tree is more durable AND reusable, it doesn't shed needles all over the living room. No sap stains. I don't have to HYDRATE it (maybe this is more like guitars than I first considered??). No fuss, no muss.

When you reach out to touch it... it is REAL. Really. It has mass. We gather around it - sing, laugh, and share great times. Those times would not be better or worse with a messy DEAD tree that has to be thrown away or shoved into a wood chipper after only a few weeks of use. I LOVE my composite tree!

NOT attacking you or any others who enjoy a dead tree in their house.

Contrary to what you might think, I don't want to put any of my nice wood guitars in a wood chipper. I have no agenda, beyond making music. I haven't tried to convince you or anyone else that they should sell off their wood guitars because carbon fiber is the only REAL option. That would be rather closed-minded.

My mind is not closed. I don't feel I am a promoter of carbon fiber, but when people make lame, derogatory comments (as though their opinion is right, others are wrong), I sometimes feel the need to respond. Not always, mostly when what gets written is opinion, stated as fact. Or, just lame. Or, repetitive. Fortunately, I am retired, so I can take the time to stand up for "truth and justice." (I'll be right back, I have to get my cape. )

Enjoy your real dead tree. And your real dead wood guitar(s). In the spirit of this season, I really mean that. Real-ly. No disrespect meant - just calling it as I see it.

-------------------

The above post is tongue-in-cheek. No trees have been harmed in the making of this post. If any feelings have been hurt, it might be helpful to take any ridiculous opinions (yours, mine, anybody's) less serious. It seems appropriate.