View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanAnd View Post
I have seen someone post this information, too. And it got me thinking that I haven't seen Taylor mention anything about this anywhere. Wouldn't a manufacturer clearly market a limited run as excactly that?

In Wood & Steel, Winter 2019 it says under "Model availability" on page 18 that "Initially our Builder's Edition Grand Pacific models (517, 717) will be sold through a limited number of authorized Taylor dealers worldwide, with broader availability coming later in the year". Not a word about them being limited...

So, what does this really mean?
I'm curious as well. What I'm more curious about is what features will the Grand Pacifics have when they hit the standard line. Will they lose their BE appointments? Yeah, probably I would imagine.

I'm still weighing the possibility of buying a 517. I did some comparisons last night between the 717 and my D-18, and I prefer the 717 without a question. It just sounds better, it's more comfortable, and it's louder.

But, here is the cool thing about the D-18. When switching to the D-18 from the 717, it actually feels and looks like a vintage guitar! I didn't expect that at all. The BE appointments really help to give it a more modern vibe, so getting that old school vibe from the D-18 is a welcome experience!