View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 08:45 AM
Charter Member

You say you're "thinking about a home studio." What do you envision that home studio will look like and include? In most home studios (as I would define them), USB mics are going to have very limited usefulness.

I'm also curious as to why you're interested in that Marantz mic. You said you've been "browsing this forum for a while" and I don't think that mic has any reputation at all in this forum while there are other similar mics that have come up and about which there is much more information.

But to answer your questions, I have no experience with this microphone. Also, I've never seen any real love expressed for a Marantz microphone in this or any other forum. Since I read quite a bit here and in other forums, that implies that either this mic is a good mic that has flown under the radar or there are much better options out there for buyers of USB condensers. If I had to put money on which of those things were true, I'd bet on the latter and pass on this mic. I'm sure if you ask the question here, you'll get responses that will give you better options.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube