View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 09:47 AM
AGF Sponsor

Votes so far:

Red Gum : 16
Maple : 4
Paldao : 4

For sure the voting is not over until tomorrow, but the Eucalyptus is building a commanding advantage. Also, it looks like C&D is starting to be the preferred new name, but we'll have a more official vote later. But, I might need to get some more info about this guitar now, so I know where we're going.

VOTE #2!!!!

Ok, I need to know what depth to build this model. So please help me decide.

Choice #1: Standard depth OM
- Our standard depth OM has a 4 1/8" body depth. This fairly narrow body delivers quite a bit of punch with its sound. Made to have the force to cut through the orchestra, there is a little more brightness to the sound with a strong, immediate sound.

Choice #2: Deep Body OM
- What has become the go to depth in our shop, our Deep Body adds an extra 1/2" to Martin's standard to give a dreadnought depth. This adds a deeper woomph to the sound. You keep the overall comfort of the smaller curvy top shape, but gain the benefits of the larger air cavity - typically a more profound bass, a well of sound that can build, and warmth to the tone.

Choice #3: A Manzer Wedge
- We've never done a Manzer wedge before, and in actuality, I don't know if what I would do would be what Linda does. However, because I think you guys are pretty swell, I would be willing to try to bridge the gap between the other two choices by having the player side standard depth and wedging the other side to the deep body depth. This should help tilt the plane of the top up to the player while allowing for extra air volume. This would be a true experiment - something I don't think I should be giving away for free, but hey, we're trying to live a little while Steve is an ocean away...

Over to you internet overlords.

Kinnaird Guitars - from the oldest town in Texas