View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 05:42 PM

Default Taylor Custom Grand Concert Adirondack/Cocobolo: PRICE REDUCED

For sale is this Taylor Grand Concert Custom with Adirondack Spruce and Cocobolo back and sides. Asking Price: $3,500 + Shipping. Price reduced to $2,800 + Shipping.

This guitar features a K&K Pure Mini pickup, Gotoh 510 Gold tuners, and gorgeous abalone small dot fretboard markers and bridge pins. Comes in original hard shell case.

This was a custom run that was done through Shoreline Music as explained by John in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxkCa4SAm0s

Please keep in mind that the guitar I am selling is NOT the one featured in the video but he provides a nice backstory of how the guitars came about. He ordered a run of 4 or 5 of these guitars between 2014-2016 and mine was one of the last ones he received. A second video of one of the other guitars in this run can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo The guitar in that second video is also NOT the one I am selling.

As for the guitar I am selling:

Body: Grand Concert
Year: 2016
Serial #: 1103106125
Top Wood: Adirondack Spruce
Back and Side Woods: Cocobolo
Nut Width: 1 3/4"
Tuners: Gotoh 510 Gold
Headstock: Cocobolo
Pick-Up: K&K Pure Mini
Small Dot Abalone Fretboard Markers
Abalone bridge pins
Condition: Excellent

The combination of Adirondack and Cocobolo makes this small-bodied guitar ring out like a piano. I am neurotic about how I care for my guitars and this one is no different. It is truly in excellent condition and has been stored in a case in a humidity-controlled room when not in use.

The first two photos below were taken when the guitar was purchased from Shoreline in 2016. The other photos were taken this afternoon. I could not get a good picture of the back because of the awful glare I kept getting. I apologize for that.

Pictures 3 & 4 show a natural variation in the grain of the Adirondack top to the bottom right of the soundhole. The top is incredibly thin, straight-grained wood with the exception of this spot, which is a natural blemish of the wood. I added a little darkness to the photo so it is easier to see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Taylor GC Adi:Cocobolo 1.jpg (32.1 KB, 1488 views)
File Type: jpg Taylor GC Adi:Cocobolo 2.jpg (32.9 KB, 1455 views)
File Type: jpg Taylor GC Adi:Cocobolo 4.jpg (29.3 KB, 1458 views)
File Type: jpg Taylor GC Adi:Cocobolo 3.jpg (30.4 KB, 1452 views)
File Type: jpg Taylor GC Adi:Cocobolo 5.jpg (28.0 KB, 1450 views)
File Type: jpg Taylor GC Adi:Cocobolo 6.jpg (25.0 KB, 1460 views)
File Type: jpg Taylor GC Adi:Cocobolo 7.jpg (40.2 KB, 1452 views)
Preston Thompson: O Koa

Last edited by SoCalSurf; 02-13-2020 at 10:36 AM.