View Single Post
Old 08-11-2020, 04:29 PM

So glad to hear our exchange was helpful! We're all in this together, so glad I could help. Plus I've heard good thing about Mass Street. It sounds like you are in good hands. And yes, that shop that caused this mess needs to pay for those repairs, including shipping if needed.

While you are there, maybe you can look at some less expensive "backup" guitars? Maybe used, not much money? There are some $200 guitars out there that are very playable and sound pretty good, believe it or not! Something you can use while you are waiting for the repair that you don't mind leaving out when the grandkids come to visit? We all need a "beater" from time to time, they do come in handy.

BTW - my luthier told me, in that same conversation, it's not easy to become certified by Martin to be an authorized repair center. That's why there are so few of them. They have to jump through a lot of hoops, pass multiple tests, purchase many specialized tools and go through a good bit of training, which they are later tested on. So feel confident any shop that has it a) knows what they are doing and b) has the resources, training and knowledge to make repairs to Martin's standards and c) has direct access to Martin for advice and materials.