View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 03:37 AM

In his previous posts, he's sometimes referred to having played Emeralds years ago, and models other or older than the current X7.

I don't "think" he was dealer for Emerald, or if so, it probably would have been a short time. So I'm not sure if he's played any of the newer Emeralds from what I've read on AGF as all sales are direct to the customer. Also, Emerald has moved on from the original center hole X7 and the X5.

There have been subtle changes/improvements since the earlier models from years ago making meaningful comparisons difficult unless you have recent experience.

I think there are probably a number on this forum who have both, or have played both, the current versions of Cargo and Emerald and hopefully, they will respond also.

I've consistently read over the years that they are both good guitars, similarly sized, but noticeably different in sound and features.

I only know the X7. I originally wanted the Cargo, but they went out of business exactly then. I went with Emerald and have been very satisfied with a keeper, and so never looked back.