View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesKing777 View Post
I bought the iRig Acoustic Stage contraption few months back, and hey, it is a great idea....

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irigacousticstage/

It works well and I can 'electrify' any acoustic I have that as no pickup, or I don't want it to have a pickup.

The down sides are it is 'good for the money' but not in the Fishman league for sound quality and the kicker....road use major or minor.

I mention this gadget because the idea is great and I hope Neumann or Fishman or even someone like Boss, are beavering away on their high quality, probably expensive, road ready version! The iRig has the idea - easy to mount, and remove, on most acoustics, sep preamp with outboard controls........

But I imagine my Neumann or whatever maker's model to have heavy duty leads, power supply, eq, etc in a sturdy Boss type floor pedal...... and hope it is Bluetooth/wireless!

BluesKing777.
IMO, the iRig Acoustic Stage is a great bargain for the price, especially if you use the little preamp to blend in a second source.

True enough, its rather unwieldy and delicately made for live performance. The biggest problem which I found, however, is a lack of sufficient headroom when the volume knob is full on. My recording experiments showed a heavy compression/limiting of the signal with aggressive strumming. This can be avoided, however, by not taking the volume knob past the halfway point. (Albeit, you'll need to compensate with more gain at your amp or mixer.)