View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 12:12 PM

I got into instruments when I lived in South America and heard the charango. After a while I thought I could learn to play one. That went on for a year, self taught, but I quickly ran out of materials to learn from and I wanted to branch out and play other things.

So I bought a ukulele, similar tuning and size and all that. Got into Daddystovepipe on youtube and learnt many of his blues for ukulele songs. Excellent stuff. But, then wanted more blues and again, I ran out of materials that I really wished there had been. I bought a few ukuleles during this year and a half, but always loved the idea of carbon fibre. I always had an eye on Blackbird. I bought a much cheaper carbon fibre ukulele from Thailand, but had to send it back as the neck was all bad. It was really heavy too.

Enter the guitar. I bought one on impulse and never looked back, the time had come! My eye was still firm on Blackbird. A few months later we moved to Barcelona from England and we had saved a lot for the move. In the end, we needed less than we had thought, so with money in the bank, the blackbird was bought, without ever seeing a Blackbird in person. I had only learnt the beginnings of say three months on the wooden guitar, so really, nearly everything I have learnt on guitar has been on my Blackbird; it's all I play. I suppose that makes me a very spoilt guitar player!

I play: Acoustic blues & folk
Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/sirwhale28/videos

Last edited by sirwhale; 01-09-2017 at 02:02 PM.