View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 12:55 PM

Doug and MrEricJ,

Thanks for your further thoughts on blending the Lyric with an LB6. You've provided a lot of information to think about and consider.

One of my reasons for considering a return to the LB6 is because it has a very even string balance. I'm currently unhappy with the string balance in one of my guitars, and it has me considering replacing the David Enke-designed pickup in that guitar. It has occurred to me, however, that I should first hire a luthier to install another saddle and attempt to resolve the balance issue (if an issue still persists). I have Enke USTs in two guitars and its far-and-away my favorite pickup in the guitar which has a good string balance.

Unfortunately, my A1 Four isn't a good match for the passive Enke UST in the well-balanced rig. The A1 Four's input impedance of 470Kohms is apparently not enough to do that passive UST justice. (I tried it.) The Soundscape's input impedance of 2.2Mohms, on the other hand, would probably do the job pretty well. It would certainly work better than ToneDexter's input impedance of 1Mohm. A problem with trying to use TD for a pleasing dry signal/Dexterized signal blend with the passive Enke UST is that the dry signal is too trebly because of TD's insufficient (in this particular case) input impedance.

Last edited by guitaniac; 01-25-2020 at 01:14 PM.