View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
The LB6 always seems to have a big low end, which might help out the Lyric a lot. On the other hand, Lloyd did tell me way back that they had tried the Anthem with an LB6 and it didn't work well due to the phase issues. When I said a mic+split phase pickup might not be an issue, I was thinking a real mic, not the Lyric. To me, the Lyric acts more like an SBT, and it also has tons of processing onboard, which may also be doing things with phase (who knows), so this combo may not work well. A mag should be a nice choice for beefing up a Lyric and complementing it as far as feedback resistance as well as low end enhancement.
From what I was told, the LB6’s incompatibility with the Tru-Mic was due to the crossover circuit, primarily, but I’m sure its production line unfriendliness contributed as well. Doyle Dykes’ Multiac features a LB6 with an onboard Session preamp and a Lyric you can blend to taste, so I don’t think it’s the Tru-Mic or Lyric in of themselves that are an issue with the LB6 as much as the nature of the Anthem circuit. Regardless, a good piezo or mag is a nice supplement to the Lyric if you need some low end or string detail.
Taylor 514ce

Zoom AC3

https://linktr.ee/erikjmusic