View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 09:00 AM

I agree The E10D would be your best bet to come close to a DMA. I was at Elderly Instruments in Lansing when I purchased my E10D and I had played all the dreadnoughts they had in the guitar showroom including P.T. DMA, Collings D1A, D1A-T, D1AV, Bourgeois Vintage D, Bourgeois Country Boy, Huss & Dalton TD-M, all the Martins including D18 Authentic 37' (2006), D18 Authentic 39' , HD28V custom, D28 Authentic 37' D28 Authentic 41', D18 2015, D18V 2001, D18GE.. The best sounding guitar to my ears there was the P.T. DMA followed very closely by the Martin D18 Authentic 37' 2006. I walked out of the showroom and noticed a D18GE hanging on the outside wall and when i pulled it down it was in fact a 2011 E10D. I took it back in the showroom to play it and when I hit a couple of chords I was blown away.. This thing was so close to the P.T. DMA that it was rediculous especially at it's price which was less than 1/6th the price of the DMA. I played both of them side by side for a half hour and couldn't believe how close they sounded in volume, projection, bass, mids, thick highs, resonance, sustain, balance. I handed another guy the E10D who had been playing a HD28V Custom and he immediately looked at me and said wow, this thing is unbelievable, very loud, balanced and resonant. His assessment mirrored my own. Every time i now pick it up after playing one of my other Martins, I am always blown away and happy that I found it. It made me a believer.