View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 03:24 PM

I was ultimately disappointed with the Anthem and I tried both the SL and full version. IMO, its greatest strength (tru-mic) is also its greatest weakness. It's totally subjective but I find the tru-mic to have a very odd tone. It doesn't sound like a quality mic to me but has more of a processed, mid range heavy tone to it. I hear it in every Anthem demo and I heard it every time I used it live. I could never dial it out. I remember at one show, I plugged in and had another member in my band strum some chords. I went out front to listen and it had that cocked wah tonality to it (hopefully people get the reference). Even my band mates said it sounded terrible. I could improve it with eq and blending in less mic but it just never sounded natural.

I don't hear much of a similarity between the Tonedexter and the Anthem to be honest. Oh and for me personally, when the Anthem was installed, my guitar was missing something. Once removed, my guitar didn't suddenly become incredible but there was more bottom end and projection.