View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jseth View Post
Also, tweaking the Anthem may be necessary - have you gone ahead and done that or are you still using the "Factory" settings? I'm talking about the adjustments available with the pre-amp/control module that you pictured in one reply...

When I bought my Anthem SL, it was explained to me that I'd need/want to tweak the balance while using MY PA or amp so as to get the best sound performance from the unit...
Well I tried it a little bit, but it didn't sound like it made much of a difference. I'll give it another try tomorrow though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintBob View Post
You’ll probably get much better results using a 1 or 2 mic setup with a pair of small condenser microphones into your Scarlett interface and then into Reaper.

I’ve done what you are trying running a pickup into an interface into a DAW and frankly, the mic approach gives much cleaner and accurate recording.
Yeah that's probably truet. Yet as of right now, I'm just messing around, taking my first steps in the recording world. And so I figured if the guitar comes with a pickup, might as well use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles Tauber View Post
Under saddle transducers do rely upon equal pressure along the transducer for uniform output from string to string.

One easy way to rectify the unevenness of pressure is to place a single sheet of writing/printer paper under the saddle in the area of the too-quiet string(s), in your case, a single strip of paper from 4th to 1st strings. Occasionally, a second thickness is required.

It is an easy, inexpensive thing to try that is reversible if it doesn't fix the issue. If it solves the problem, there is no need to fool with sanding the bottom of the saddle.
Oh. So let's see if I get this right - you're saying my saddle isn't applying even enough pressure to the "top" of the guitar?

EDIT: Come to think of it, the saddle fell out of the guitar two weeks ago while I was putting on new strings and cleaned it. Is that an indicator for a saddle that's too loose?

Last edited by Pillendreher; 12-02-2019 at 02:36 PM.