View Single Post
Old 11-22-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
CF guitars don't move or settle. The way they come out of the mold is it - period. If it is right, it will be right forever. If the neck angle or relief are wrong, then it probably cannot be fixed. But every carbon fiber guitar that I know of comes with a lifetime warranty to the original owner. If they cannot fix it, they will replace it in kind.

My 2001 built Rainsong WS-1000 still plays wonderfully after 15 years on the factory set-up, and has never been tweaked in any way. Just yesterday a visiting fellow WS-1000 owner commented that mine played wonderfully. We both use medium gauge strings, and cannot see any perceptible difference in the neck relief versus light gauge.

My Lucky 13 is also set up just right for me (75% finger picker with natural finger nails). If I strum it hard with a flat pick, it can buzz a little on the bass strings. But that can be easily fixed by a slightly higher saddle. My visitor also really liked the L13 - a lot. And I liked hearing it from out front compared to the WS. They sounded more alike than different out front, although they do sound different from the player's perspective.

Well many of them do respond to a change in string gauge, which can be problematic if your model doesn't have a truss rod. And those of us with older CA guitars are out of luck if need warranty repairs.