View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr81dorn View Post
That was JB at his absolute best. That tour was the second time I had seen him and it was the far better of the two shows.

I don't recall him saying almost anything that could even be remotely viewed as incendiary or political. He was/is super dry and self-depricating and he tells some funny little stories, but, even knowing his lefty-lean, I don't really think I noticed him being overt in the least bit.

That tour with Sara and Sean and Val McCallum on lead guitar was an incredible show because of the sheer talent (don't know the rhythm section, but they were impeccable too).

I was lucky and got to go hang out with Jackson and the others after the show for like 2 hours. Val was pretty funny about how there is no set list and they would often do these huge rehearsals during soundcheck to play a bunch of stuff cuz JB just kinda wants to get a feel so he knows what might be good to pull out. But, as he's known to do with his large library, he also let us shout stuff at him all night and he'd go "oh, yeah...I have the guitar for that." then he'd walk to this rack of about 30 guitars, pick one out and come sit down and bust into the song. It was the furthest thing from boring as a fan of his and a fan of guitar.
Saw that tour as well, actually the only time I have ever seen JB, I thought it was fantastic.