View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 10:42 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
One thing that SBT's do extremely well is provide a nice, woody tone. I have tried UST + mic set ups (Anthem, Fishman Matrix Blend) and it's true that the mic adds air but they never fully provide that woody tone. I am probably not making any sense but I just find that internal mics tend to just add high end but almost too much. It's not really organic, it's more like a presence control.

With all that said, I still think a system like the K&K or HFN + the Tonedexter is the best way to go. You get the air from the TD, the woodiness and bass from the SBT and then you have the ability to do percussive work. In terms of feedback, I have never had any on stage and I play in some incredibly noisy bars without a feedback buster.
I strongly disagree that UST + Mics never fully provide that "woody tone." I also feel mics add 'air' but they also add some 'organic' tone where SBT's or UST's alone can sound a bit artificial. (For lack of a better word)

I may be known as an LR Baggs Anthem Fan boy. So be it. I have not found better. I recorded this yesterday and could easily spend a little more time dialing it in. I am merely sharing because I hear a very natural, authentic acoustic tone amplified. In fact, "Organic" is a word someone used to describe how they characterized this sound.

Collings D1 Traditional
Emerald X20
Fender CS '63 Telecaster Custom
Collings I-35LCV
Collings I-30LC
Collings 290
www.heartsoulaz.com

Last edited by Groberts; 02-11-2019 at 12:01 PM.