View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 08:27 PM
Charter Member

I just played my Martin HD-28 with Trance M-VT through the LR Baggs Synapse and it sounds wonderful. With the Synapse's EQ set flat (the same as on my Taylor 614ce ES2 trial), and the Trance M-VT Tone Wheel set just where the mid-range and treble frequencies kick in to light-up the bass, the guitar sounds full and quite balanced for a dreadnought. I've never adjusted the gain balance control on the internal preamp of any of my Trance M-VT installations but I may try it just to favor the bass-side Amulet transducer a bit more over the treble-side transducer. I may also move the treble-side transducer outward along the saddle-line on the bridgeplate to get a bit more 1st-string in the mix.

Everything, so far, sounds great through the LR Baggs Synpase and I'm very happy with this system! Tomorrow, I'll play the Martin Dreadnought Junior with B-Band A1.2N-1470 through the system. After that, I'll put the LR Baggs Session DI in the signal path of all the pickup/preamp systems and hear what happens. Then, of course, the ToneDexter gets to do its thing soon, too. More To Come ...
Ovation Custom Legend LX
Guild F-212XL STD
Huss & Dalton TD-R
Taylor 717e
Taylor 618e
Taylor 614ce
Larrivee D-50M/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Blue Grass Special/HiFi
Larrivee D-40R Sunburst
Larrivee C-03R TE/Trance M-VT Phantom
RainSong BI-DR1000N2
Emerald X20