View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 04:17 PM

Baggs designed the Lyric with 2nd source solder tabs so you can then add something else to it; M1, M80, other mag, K&K, anything that's passive. The downside to this is you have to mix it yourself externally compared to the Anthem which is a single single out.

Some people (like me) don't like and can't stand having an undersaddle pickup... even in the low end they can sound harsh. So I've mixed the Lyric with both the K&K and the Fishman Blackstack mag. Both worked well, each had it's own thang going on.

The advantage of the Lyric is that it simply works by itself too. Twice now I was all ready to lead worship with the Lyric + Blackstack... and then at the last minute I decided it wasn't worth the trouble and went with just the Lyric. Sounded fine in the midst of a band. I'll admit that in a solo situation it is weak in the bass and a mag or the K&K really helps round out that low end.

Finally, when comparing the Lyric with the Anthem mic (ignoring the element), they really are different yet hard to describe. Others may be able to do better than I.
'13 Jaffrey #26 - Malaysian Blackwood!
'21 Gretsch 5622
'22 Furch Red Pure G-LR - Barbera Soloist
ST-300 Mini + DIY mic preamp