View Single Post
Old 01-01-2021, 08:58 PM

Default Recording / Mixing advice requested....?

Over the holiday break, I decided to start playing around with some recording. I ended up getting roped into doing some large group mixes for a virtual benefit concert....and figured out that I'm in a bit over my head with the final mix and mastering portion of the process. I've done a lot of live work, but haven't spent much quality time in a studio since the 90s.....and things have changed a lot.

I know the basics of how things function, but knowing what to do with them to make a recording sound good with the modern tools is where I am a stone-cold beginner. Below is a link to a really rough song that I've put together to us as a learning tool. What I'm looking for is an idea of what's wrong with this mix, and what I should be listening for to make it better. Any and all input is welcomed, and feel free to be brutally honest. That said, the playing/singing isn't the point - I'm specifically using this to work on my recording/mixing skills.

https://soundclick.com/r/s8fto4

FWIW, all of the instruments were recorded direct into a Behringer X32; guitar is a Taylor 814ce. Vocals used a AT2020. DAW is "Multitrack Studio".

Last edited by AuntieDiluvian; 01-10-2021 at 12:49 PM.