View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 01:38 PM
AGF Sponsor

Mike,

This reminds me of a statement that my father used to make to me, "Son, don't let your britches get so big that you forget where you came from". We all started in this craft somewhere and with varying abilities. I fondly remember those early years of building BTI (before the internet) often times struggling with no one to turn to for advice except good old trial and more often than not ... error. Every once in a great while our experimental errors may have resulted in a great and newly discovered option; Sound ports, wedges, arm bevels, off set sound holes, beautiful new inlays to hide a slip of the chisel Just another reason that I too am thankful to be a member of a community of builders who openly share knowledge and past experiences with each other.

Even though John has oodles of experience building, many of us old dogs can still learn a new trick every now and then from each other. The internet has made it so easy to Google or YouTube an instant response to about any question you are seeking an answer for. But its also nice to bring up questions that can be openly discussed and debated.

Keep in mind that there are LOTS of ways to build a great guitar and we are not so naive to think our methods are the only way that will work. We will continue to openly share the ways that have worked well for us and I'll remain open and willing to explore other new building methodologies as they surface.