View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 08:29 AM

Default side inlay

I'm getting a little closer to being done with the sides to the point where I can put the top and back on soon. However, couple more details to take care of first.

The is my 'Dual Wall' sides construction and this makes the sides even stiffer than regular side lamination - I use BOTH side building techniques depending on the guitar/customer/options etc. Its EXTRA work, but I'm finding that in my newest "innovative" builds with the adjustable neck, supple top, adjustable intonation and "active" back, that this inner dual wall just makes these side INCREDIBLY stiff. The added weight is minimal - in my estimation, worth their "weight in gold" haha. I'm wanting to get that responsive LUSH fingerstyle tone.

The other mention is the adjustable neck option on this guitar. The way these are designed, no longer is the fingerboard overhang part of the top "bracing" (not being attached), so more (all) of the tension is placed around on the face side of the head block.

So these rims are a 'better designed fit' to support the supple top, the active back and the adjustable neck rather well.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the side inlay detail too...haha...it looks pretty cool and matches the rosette.

Have a great day.

Kevin.