View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukejon View Post
Have you listened to my recordings? I'm a dedicated reverberator!
I was kidding of course...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukejon View Post
And this sounds great. The guitar sounds so wonderfully huge yet very immediate or intimate. Sure doesn't need much added "wetness" from a deep reverb. Thanks for posting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern View Post
Thanks for that...
Now, that sound gives me goosebumps and your sensitive playing...just wonderful !
Personally, I find too much reverb does not give a great guitar enough room to add something special, and, additionally, hides a good player's touch...
Thank you for your kind words and for your tactful way of approaching the reverb issue.

Personally, I hate the dry version. I wouldn't play traditional blues with a wet signal -- nor would I play Si Bheag Si Mhor and most of the airy stuff without it. That's the sound that I like.

I posted a link to the dry version just so you could hear the guitar without any effects -- and also to show you how the reverb doesn't dramatically alter the tone of the guitar. It's still very much the same tone -- except with a bit of extra colour.

I'm not a traditionalist or a purish, and I don't know that any of my guitars "need" reverb -- but I just like it that way. I've been a guitar player for over two thirds of my life and I don't think I could change my preferences at this point -- nor would I have any reason to do so.