View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 08:00 AM

Default Using OnSong with the iPad Mini

Last weekend I took the plunge and purchased an iPad mini (64 gig) as I've wanted to find something smaller than the full size iPad since I found the full size iPad was just too close in size to my existing MacBook Air and wanted something I could hold with one hand. I've been looking for something to hold and organize songbooks and after reading all the reviews of various products decided to give OnSong a try.

Last night I tried the combo for the first time and was quite impressed how easy it was to see when sitting on a music stand about 2-3 feet away. My 50+ year old eyes need bi-focals for reading and I didn't have any problems at all focusing on the screen even though the type was smaller than normal. I think the added contrast with the lighted screen makes up for the difference in type size between the screen and a printed sheet of 8.5x11" paper.

Software installation and setup was a snap and I had no issued at all getting files into OnSong using either Dropbox or iTunes file sharing. I'm looking forward to exploring all this software has to offer.

Cheers,
Mark

Last edited by markallen; 11-08-2012 at 08:43 AM.