View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 08:34 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Seal View Post
Hi - this is Ellis, founder of CA and designer/developer of the CA guitars.

First off, I want to say that my comments are un-biased - I have no ownership in the CA line or royalty agreement with Peavey, nor am I employed by Peavey. I do consult with them from time to time on specific issues.

Peavey has made a full committment to CA guitars. They have renovated an area of one of their factories to create a first class manufacturing area for CA guitars. They have moved all the equipment, tooling, and processes from the CA facility in Louisiana and re-established them in MS. They have kept true to the designs and manufacturing processes used by CA.

They have also committed to the fundamental premise of CA of making great sounding, trouble free guitars. The slogan they are using with CA is "Amazing tone, now and forever". They also are commited to expanding improving the line as they move forward.

As for their production capability, the did have several gutiars at NAMM that were build at the new facility in Meridian, MS. And the quality of these guitars was overall, very good.

No doubt, they will have some issues as they go through the learning curve and expand their production, but from what I see, they are committed to building first class, quality guitars.

Peavey is just getting their feet wet with composite materials, but they have lots of ideas for new applications both in acoustic guitars and other applications - I would not be surprised to see other carbon fiber applications introduced by Peavey in the future.

I would not also be surprised if there were a lower priced line introduced somewhere down the road.

For those that loved the sound and freedom a CA offers, CA is back!

For those who have never tried one, it is about time you did.

Ellis Seal
Thanks Ellis! As an inventor myself and lover of CA guitars, I admire your imagination, ingenuity, entrepreneurial spirit, integrity and passion. You have brought to the guitar world, an important step in the evolution of the instrument we love. I hope you (and others at CA) did well through this transition, and continue to realize your dreams in whatever capacity you choose. The CA buzz continues!