View Single Post
Old 08-22-2020, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpruceTop View Post
I just received an email from The Banjo Studio notifying customers that ODE Banjos are back and are being built by OME Banjos, whose owner Charles Ogsbury, is the original founder of ODE Banjos back about 1960. The ODE banjos are of simpler construction than the more expensive OME banjos but they're all made in Colorado. Currently, there are two ODE models, The Magician ($1595 list) and The Sundance ($1395 list) Now, if ODE would make a long-neck 5-string, with the same peghead shape with planetary tuners as the original, and with the new wooden rim, I'd be a player!
Interesting, but I'm not fully comprehending why Chuck Ogsbury would want the ODE name back in his stable after what Baldwin did to it, but it was his original baby. All this really seems to do is add a layer of confusion to the OME branding that he and Tonya have worked so hard to achieve.

I think followers of the OME brand would be perfectly happy to purchase a lower-tier banjo with the OME name on it. Brands are associated by name and watering down your name by having sub-catagories doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but what do I know.

I'm thinking that a long neck OME with the throwback design and at a lower price point would do just fine.