Thread: Peter Frampton
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 10:56 PM
Charter Member

"Pop" ?

Maybe, briefly in the 70s when self indulgent electric guitar driven music was popular, but I don't think I would ever consider Frampton pop music. What made it pop was the fact that Frampton Comes Alive sold like crazy and therefore was popular, but the style was anything but until he made a few attempts to recreate that huge popularity of his live album.

Anyway, I am going to look up his tour dates for a possible TX or CA stop I can attend. Have loved Frampton since my early playing days, but only recently have I been learning some acoustic Frampton, and they are his more "pop" tunes.

BTW, AGF member love2play has recently done a couple of great Frampton tutorials on his two most "pop" or popular acoustic tunes ever from the early 70s (and Frampton Comes Alive), Baby I Love Your Way and Show Me the Way -- Seriously some of the best YouTube guitar instruction available today, all for a simple donation ask! Don't miss his stuff if you're a classic rock fan, acoustic and electric. On YouTube, he's known as Shut Up & Play.

Thanks for heads up on the Frampton tour!

martin D-28A '37 | D-18 | SCGC H13 | gibson SJ-200
taylor 814ce | 855 | GS Mini H.V. | goodall RP14 | Halcyon SJ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .