View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 02:00 PM

Default Looking For an Easier Way to do Video Recording

We are talking here about your basic "Watch an Old Man Play Guitar" video.

I use an old (5 years?) Nikon Coolpix camera that shoots video (I have no problem with the video quality). I have a Tascam DR-40 for the audio and, again, I have no problem with the audio quality. I have used a variety of video editors on my desktop pc, but let's say OpenShot. The quality of the resulting videos are limited mostly by the quality of my guitar playing.

My only problem with this setup is that after I shoot the video I need to copy the files from the devices to the computer. Now I understand that this is not the most onerous of tasks (and is pretty much a first world problem), but I would dearly like to go to my computer and immediately watch the video and decide whether I need a reshoot. Feel free to make fun of me.

Let's assume I am willing to pay for new equipment. What I am looking for is a camera and recording device that can be tethered, either wired or wirelessly, to the computer and would write the files directly on the computer. I would also like to have the high quality audio file synced to the video file, but I am willing to let this requirement slide.