View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
I've been using a wireless system for my electric guitar for years. I bought an inexpensive system from Nady many years ago, and it worked well, but then went haywire. So I looked for something new and came up with this: https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...r-system-black

I have been using this for a while, for example, on some of my YouTube videos, and it works pretty well. It needs line-of-sight connection between the transmitter and receiver, but if you have that, it works well and sounds very good.

Cables for me are a pain. I am always stepping on it or tripping on it as I go back and forth in the studio to make adjustments. The wireless system does away with all that. The only problem with the Xvive system is that the internal batteries are charged by a USB cable, so you have to think ahead to have the thing charged. I try to keep mine charged all the time in my studio because I never know when I might need it.

Also, I have used this wireless system in church a few times, where I hooked up a Fishman Aura system to the PA mixer, plugged in the Vvive receiver into the input and plugged the Xvive transmitter into my old 2002 Taylor guitar (it has an old Fishman Prefix system in it), and it made my use of the guitar very simple and it sounded quite good. This approach kept me from having to bring in mic stands and mics and a sub-mixer. I used a lectern mic already wired to the mixer for my voice and the wireless to Aura system to PA mixer for the guitar. It was simple and sounded good.

I'm no expert on any of this stuff, but this system sounds good. Actually, I started off trying to find a new transmitter for my old NADY system, but I could find nothing. So I looked at what was out there now.

- Glenn

Glenn,
Thanks for your input. I value all opinions from forum users. With that said, having heard/seen many of your videos, if it meets your standards, it will surely meet mine. My skills are light years apart from yours! I think I will order these. At the moment I have a basic Ditto looper (which I haven’t tried yet) and an overdrive pedal. Stay tuned for more questions!