View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
Did you put any arc on the top? What humidity level are you building in?
There is a very small arc, about 3 mm. I don`t have a device to measure humidity. The carbon doesnt require it, but the cedar will be affected if it is to moist. I like to seal the wood on both sides to prevent moisture getting in and possibly leading to cracking in the future.

I keep my wood in a metal server cabinet, and then put it in that room a few weeks to aclimatise before using it. The room can never be cold.

I guess i should pick up one of those devices to be sure, but the budget is a bit tight right now. I only build and invent new stuff and i have never sold anything. ^_^

That is why i have to do a kickstarter soon for 8 units, being an inventor and never selling anything is not economical.

I could also try to sell this prototype instead of crowdfunding and buy materials from that, but i need to buy a big roll of carbon to get a price reduction per square meter (100m is almost 40% cheaper per m2 then 1 m2).

I like the ideas of leveling in quality with the money from a crowdfunding, but building 8 guitars to order is s responsibility not to be taken lightly. I really like to have creative freedom in deciding what to do.

Last edited by littlesmith; 03-31-2015 at 05:06 PM.