View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 01:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly69 View Post
Did you compare against a vintage LA-2a or a reissue???
You misread what I wrote. I compared it to the UAD LA-2A plugin, not the UA LA-2A.

Quote:
I would like to compare the Audio Scape Opto against the STAM SA2A. I can't believe that these companies are building gear for such reasonable prices. It seems like the hottest market for recording gear right now is the pro-sumer.
The Stam stuff has a good rep but you can wait a really long time between ordering and receiving.

Quote:
Why not include at least one EQ in the outboard so you can get the compressor to react the way you want it (ie side chain)???? If I didn't own my Voxbox (with built in Pultec), I would immediately find at least one good EQ.
I'm not experienced enough to feel confident committing to an eq on the way in, and I don't feel any pressing need to route tracks out and in again to use an outboard eq.

Quote:
The real deal outboard stuff is fantastic we should both buy one LA2a clone each. One Stam SA2A, and one AudioScope Opto and compare them and return the loser
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post
Is that before or after we each buy a UK Sound 1173 and have joint custody?
A friend and I have done that with some things ...flatbed trailer, power washer, wood chipper... things we each need sometimes but not very often. It's worked out pretty well over the years.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube